2009年8月2日 星期日

The Self Evalution and Accreditation Day of DAFL

358 words
There was an important and busy day for the faculty of the Department of Applied Foreign Languages last semester. Many senior scholars and professors from English department of other universities were invited by the chairperson to evalute the department. Some students of the department were also “invited” to have an interview with those professors.
I had heard that some of my classmates have to go for the interview in the afternoon of that day. Originally, I thought they would ask questions in Chinese, but some of them told me that they were asked and answered mostly in English so they felt a littie bit scared. It didn’t make me surprised, because we are English major. Then in the first period of the afternoon, many students didn’t show up, the thecher thought they must be asked to the interview. After waiting for a long time, he decided to let us watch a film in class. However, I recived a phone call from the assistant of the college, she asked me and two more classmates to go for the interview. When I was waiting for the interview, two juniors reminded me “Don’t misgive too much, just tell them whatever you want to say.” I knew what they meant was to express any aspects of dissaitsfaction to the department. Then the professor interviewed a freshman and me in the same time. I immediately indentified him was the chairperson of Hsuan Chang University. I didn’t feel any pressure when I talk with him during the interview. He also recommended me to study the master program of the department which he services. I was so lucky that I have met another English professional as well as Professor Huang.
The other day in the class meeting, the chairperson told us about something the self evalution and accreditation. She also said next time will be the Ministry of Education’s turn to evaluate, we must more cooperate with those officers, so that we can receive a better evaluation after we graduate. I agree with her comment, but I think we have to improve ourself’s ability is more important than the fame of the school you from.

沒有留言:

張貼留言