2009年8月9日 星期日

The AFL International Week

308 words
Last semester, the chairperson declared a series of speeches and activities during the class meeting which was held in a ceritain week. Therefore, there would be four speeches, four contests and the graduate performance in that week. Although the schedule of some courses had been delayed, I believed that we have learn more extracurricular knowledges from those well-organized activities.
The series of activities was started by a speech on Mondy moring, which was about a new kind of English proficiency test. I thought this test is much cheaper and easier than other common tests, so that the speaker was invited to the school. In the afternoon, It was another speech to evauate our English ability. The purpose of the speech was to tell the seniors and juniors about how’s the English ability they should have after they graduate. On Wednesday late morning, there was a speech which talked about working ethics. I have been the speaker’s speech for many times, and the topic is more suitable for the seniors, too. So I decided to continue the original schedule of the course. On Thursday night, the graduate performance was the one activity I expected to see most. Because this is the tradition of the Department of Applied Foreign Language, we also had to performance a stage play like that after two years. So it was a good time for us to both appreciated the play and learned the peformance skills. Finally, the Spelling Bee was the most important contest for me. Because I was one of the contestants, and I had also kept my record I got in last year’s contest – the champion.
Behind these meaningful activities, I really thanked the chairperson and teachers in the department, with their efforts and cooperation so we could have such a valuable opportunity to get so many extracurricular knowledges from these activities.

沒有留言:

張貼留言