2009年8月20日 星期四

The Reflection of Toastmasters Division E Club Officer Training

375 words
This is the second time I join the Toastmasters officer training. I was very pleased some new officers promise to join me, but it is also quite a big trouble some important officers couldn’t attend this training.
The atmosphere was really relaxed when I enter the meeting room. Instead of memorizing those annoying scripts or lines, everyone was chatting happily. Compare with Lunghwa, I couldn’t help recall the same situation our meeting: it was so bored that can choke audience to die! Sigh! The situation is hard to improve during my duty of president. What James, Mike and Grace said were similar to the first officer training this February, the only difference were they talked many about their new duty range. I want to agree all what they said, but it is quite impossible to persuade most members to earn the awards for themselve. As the club president, I have to lead by my example to set goal: to get competent communicator award within one year. If the club members are reluctant to earn the awards, not to mention attracting new members to the club. In the club discussion report, I tried to calm down my nervousness, the time was so short but too many things I have to absorb. Mike specially, whenever I speak in front of him, he always pose a smelly face. It only makes me feel more nervous, and it seems I owe him lots of money. If the speaker were Nikki, he must pose a face with a big smile. Then I tried to involve the other presidents in the club officer discussion, but they used too many words which were so unfamilliar to me. The president of NCU merely uttered four sentences, too. Moreover, it also reflects my current intermediate grade of TOEIC: able to join English meetings, but not able to express and debate different opinions smoothly in English.
Mencius ever said, “If poor, those scholars attended to their own virtue in solitude; if advanced to dignity, they made the whole kingdom virtuous as well.” Now that I promise to get the CC award, I will do my best to achieve it. Finally, I bless myself could survive during each preparation and bring more laughing to club members.

沒有留言:

張貼留言