2009年7月30日 星期四

A Funny Class about English Story Telling

368 words
I took a course called “English Teaching Material and Methods” last semester. Compare with the English teaching course I took two semesters ago, it is much easier and more interesting. The teacher invited an English teacher from a cram school to teach us how to tell English stories perfectly.
The teacher’s name is Debbie. I felt that I was watching the YOYO TV channel during her lecture. All of us had been infantilized due to her skillful expression and performance which treat us like children. She took many stories for example then demostrated each of them individually, like Little Mermaid, Three Little Pigs and so on. Our sounds of laughter was always accompany with it. I really agree with one sentence that she said “In stead of teaching, telling stories is acting. The story teller has to lower her figure, so that the children will be fascinated by her story.” Because I am not a girl, I do not have those misgivings. So it is quite easy for me to attain this basic require. She also said that many children become more confident since they have learned how to tell a story well. I immediately thought about my speaking experiences in the Toastmasters meeting, which usted to frustrated me many times. Maybe this is a good chance for me to find back my confidence. She also assigned some student to demostrate to talk a part of story. A junior and I were assigned by her. I even didn’t know what was going on in the first acting, and then we acted much better in the second time. It was so interesting and I did not feel nervous like delivering a speech.
In order to tell an English story perfectly, the oral expression and vocal variety are as important as the acting skill. These aspects are also needed when we delivering a speech, but I find the greatest difference between two of them – the audience, so I have to use two different ways to talk individually. Moreover, each group of the class would have to do the teaching demostration in Jeso Elementary. My group’s duty was telling stories. With this experience, I could do it more proficient and better.

沒有留言:

張貼留言