2009年8月31日 星期一

A Person I Admire

251 words
I enjoyed reading the autobiography of those historical figures since I was in the elementary school. I could always learn good examples and warnings from them. No matter the comments of them are positive or nagative.
From all of these autobiographies I have read, a person I admire most is Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the thirty second presient of the United States. He was elected as the position for four times. Despite he suffered from polio, he still had the will to overcome the disease. He even set up a charity to those people who also suffer from the same disease. He implemented some some economical policies to save the years of the Great Depression, which almost ruined the whole world’s economy. He brought back the hope and posperous society to people again. In the World War Two, he led the army to resist the invasion of Japan, Germany and Italy. Therefore, the peace of the world was able to be maintained. But the most pitiful thing was that he had not seen the final victory then passed away.
There is a sentence he said which I really agree with very much: “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” If a person, especially a leader, hesitates too much things before his acts, he will lose many good chance. Now I am the leader of a student club, I have to intensify my judgment ability. So I will have the effciency to do many things well.

沒有留言:

張貼留言