2009年8月24日 星期一

The Practical Training of English Teaching

302 words
We went to Jeso Elementary School in Fu-Hsing to teach English on one Friday morning last semester. Most of us already had some experiences in teaching these nauty children last semester, but their voice and energy were still overwhelming.
The whole class was devided into some groups, each groups had to prepare different teaching topics. My group was charge for alphabet teaching and story telling. The visiting professor, Linda, also came with us. After a one-hour journey, we arrived in Jeso at 10:15. I heard some familiar voice of those students. My feeling was happy and anxious half-and-half, because I was not sure if I can control the order in class this time. When the first period began, they were noisy all the time. Some of them even have conflicts with each other. They only scare their teacher to punish them. So that’s why my teaching plan couldn’t catch up with the actual teaching. What’s more, I noticed the dissatisfied expression in our teacher’s and their teacher’s face, we could feel much pressure anytime. During the alphabet teaching, the English in the school corrected my wrong pronunciation of “L”, I felt really embarrassing. I also heard a funny thing. The class where Linda stayed in was quieter than other class, obviously those student were afraid of foreigner. I hope Linda can stay in our class in the next teaching.
After the two periods’ teaching, we all felt exhausted and relaxed. In the retrn journey in the tour bus, I kept thinking about how to improve my methods and their learing attitude. I know it’s hard for us to stop those energetic aboriginal children, but if I want to be a professional teacher, this mustn’t be kept as a problem. It’s time for me to think some effective ways to correct their attitude.

沒有留言:

張貼留言