2009年7月9日 星期四

My Experiences and Feelings in English Writing

319 words
If my memory serves me right, the first time I wrote English composition was in the children’s English class when I was in the fifth grade in elementary school. And the orders of the tenses which the teacher taught us were present, past and future.
Comparing with my feeling of writing in Chinese, it was quite difficult in that time, because I always relied my mother to think sentences for me. On the contrary, I can easily write in English. Except the textbook was easy, I think the main reason was that we didn’t have many grammar and vocabulary concepts, and the the teacher emphasized more in the sentences than the whole paragraph. So I think the first time I formally wrote a composition in English was in the first grade in vocational high school. My English teacher registered the GEPT elementary level for the whole class. Due to the three-year’s learning in junior high school, I was familiar to plenty of grammar rules and vocabulary so that I could write it fluently. However, until the third year of vocational high school, I found out that English writing in college entrance exam was terribly harder than ever before. I got only about half of the full mark in this part, both simulate and formal exams. The topics were so difficult for me to develop. Althogh I felt a sense of desperation then, but fortunately, I have met many good writing teachers in the university. I have learned more skills in writing from them. To improve my writing skills, I wish I can take one of their writing courses in following two years.
Now, I wish I can attain some improvements in English Writing. For example, writing in a logical organization, using appropriate proverbs and giving effective comment. One year later, we will have to prepare the research project. These will be the important steps in doing a successful project.

沒有留言:

張貼留言