2009年7月1日 星期三

An English Love Letter to Miss Wendy Hsu

346 words
February 22nd, 2009
Dear Miss Wendy:
It had been a long time since I saw you last year, how have you been? The one thing I am can sure of is that you are still energetic, because you still have to teach English to those naughty children, right? Ha ha! But much beyound to my imagination surprise, you were as “young” as before, I didn’t see any more wrinkles in your forehead! And the bright smile was always appearing hanging on your face. It seems that I came back to my childhood again, and I really miss those days I was learning in your English class.
After I finished learning the "Let’s Go Book One" in Mr. and Mrs. Courson’s church, my mother arranged me to learn English in your class. Although you used the same textbook which I had learned, I didn’t feel boring at all but even got more interests on it. During the past four years I study in your class. Although sometimes it was terrible when you are angry because of other students' late submission of somebody’s homework or low achievement on test, you were always generously to treat us to eat or drink something. That was really so kind of you. However, after the level seven, my attitude was not so active anymore. I was always stayed (stay up or stay on bed?) until very late in preparing almost every tests or exams. I even said I forgot one of the final exams and gave up many chances to correct my graduate exam sheet. But I think you know that all of those were my excuse to shirk face the the exam results. Now every time when I recall those these memories come up, some of them I felt both happy and some, shame and stupid.
Although my English ability was not qualified to gradute from your class, I still have confidence on myself.to it. Therefore, I could easily pick up English from junior high to vocational high school. I still remember one of the question which you like to ask frequently was us most, “Do you love me?” All of us always answered it shyly, but now I am not so shy to express anymore. “I love you Miss Wendy.”
Happy Valentine’s Day
Your student, Burt

沒有留言:

張貼留言